The only problem here is that often making good bread takes fairly lot of time (especially because you need to raise the dough first). So what about when you have a HUGE fresh bread craving, some random ingredients in your cupboard and less than an hour of time? Answer: make the easy multigrain chia powerbread. I made this bread basically just by combining a little bit of everything from my cupboard, added a dash of my favourite spices and then some raisins to give it a little sweetness. No baking powder or soda needed, no need to wait for the dough to raise. You can simply just measure the ingredients, mix them, bake the bread and voilà, you will have fresh bread in less than an hour. Doesn’t it sound perfectly simple and easy? Moreover, the bread tastes super yummy, provides you with a significant amount of fiber and healthy oils and gives you a lot of energy.
Easy multigrain chia powerbread
What you will need:
1/2dl rye flakes
1/2dl oat flakes
1dl wholegrain spelt flour
1dl pumpkin seeds
1/2dl sunflower seeds
1dl chia seeds
1/2dl dried fruit (dates, raisins, cranberries)
1/2tsp sea salt
How to do it?
- Pre-heat your oven to 160c.
- Combine together all dry ingredients in a bowl and then mix in also the water. Blend well with a big spoon. The dough will be pretty liquid at first but it will start to solidify quickly.
- If you have a small baking pan, top it with parchment paper and spread your dough evenly in the pan. I have also made this bread without a pan, spreading my dough directly on a baking tray coated with parchment paper and making a rough square out of it.
- Sprinkle the bread with sea salt before putting it into the oven, then bake at 160c for about 25-30 minutes until firm. Let the bread cool down before slicing it.
- Enjoy alone, as a side with soup, or for example make a sandwich out of it as in the picture above with chicken, pureed pumpkin, spinach and cucumber.
You can store the powerbread in an airtight box for a couple of days, but I don’t really know how long it will last because all my bread was gone after three days.