Inspired by My New Roots’s “Life Changing Loaf of Bread”
What you will need:
2dl pumpkin seeds/sunflower seeds/ flaxseeds (I like to use a combo)
1,5dl almonds/hazelnuts (I like to use a combo)
2,5dl oat flakes (“rolled oats”)
1dl rye flakes
3tbsp wholegrain spelt flour
2tbsp chia seeds
2tbsp ground flaxseeds
1,5tsp Himalayan salt (or other good quality salt)
3tbsp coconut oil
1dl unsweetened applesauce
How to do it:
- Start by chopping your almonds and/or hazelnuts roughly (this will make the bread easier to cut as the chunks are not that big).
- Mix together all dry ingredients in a bowl (including nuts and seeds).
- Separately, mix together melted coconut oil, applesauce and water. Make sure that the water and applesauce are not too cold so that the coconut oil remains liquid.
- With a spoon, mix together dry ingredients with the liquid.
- Pour the mixture into a bread loaf pan, distribute evenly, and let it sit on the counter for at least two hours but can be overnight. The dough is ready when it keeps its form in the loaf pan.
- Bake in the oven in 175c for 20 minutes, then flip and remove the loaf pan and bake for another 30-40 minutes until golden brown.
- Enjoy with whatever you like, for example with soup or salad to make a nourishing lunch.
So I obviously had multi-everything bread for lunch today, but what about dinner? (Hint: check the picture below). It’s just simple wholegrain rye spaghetti, cherry tomatoes, a poached egg and a super easy and quick but tasty green sauce. This sauce/spread combines three of my absolute green favorites: broccoli, coriander and avocado and it’s just perfectly light but still oh so satisfying…
Three-green spread (single-serve)
What you will need:
A big handful of broccoli
A big handful of fresh coriander or basil or parsley (choose your favourite!)
1/4 of a big avocado
1/3 tsp granulated garlic
a squeeze of lemon
water to thin
Himalayan salt to taste
How to do it?
- Steam your broccoli or cook it otherwise until vibrant green. Let it cool down.
- Process together broccoli, herbs, lemon juice and garlic.
- Mash in the avocado with a fork and add a little water to thin, then process again.
- Serve with your favourite pasta or whatever you like, maybe even the multi-everything bread, enjoy!