In case you are not afraid of the amount of carrots eaten before noon, I seriously suggest you try this recipe. Had this “cake” with some fresh strawberries, mulberries, sprinkled cinnamon and my new found love, pistachio butter! Definitely my kind of cake, hopefully yours too.
(Overnight) breakfast carrot cake
What you will need:
1/2dl oat flakes (“rolled oats”)
1/2dl spelt flakes
2 rather big young carrots
2dl oat milk
1tbsp ground flaxseed
1/2tsp vanilla powder
pinch of ginger
pinch of nutmeg
fresh strawberries, mulberries, pistachio butter, cinnamon, coconut
How to do it?
- Start by grating your carrots to the finest possible.
- In your overnight jar, mix together all dry ingredients (choose between the flavour options) and then add in also the grated carrots.
- Blend in oat milk and mix well so that everything is evenly distributed.
- Let your carrot-cake-to-be sit on the counter for a couple minutes, stir once more and then put your jar to the fridge for at least a couple of hours but preferably overnight.
- In the morning, top with your favourites, I suggest strawberries, sprinkled cinnamon, mulberries + pistachio butter & enjoy!