Baked berry oatmeal with blackcurrant vanilla chia jam
What you will need:
2dl gooseberries (or other berries of choice)
1/2dl oat flakes “rolled oats”
1/2dl rye flakes
1dl oat milk
1tbsp ground flaxseed s
1tsp Manuka honey (optional, see note)
Note: If you wish to have a sweeter breakfast, add 1tsp-1tbsp sweetener of choice to the oatmeal mixture (I like to use a teaspoon of active Manuka honey, but regular honey, agave, coconut sugar, maple syrup etc. will do as well)
1tbsp chia seeds
1/2tsp vanilla powder
blackcurrants, crushed almonds, chia jam
How to do it:
- Preheat your oven to 175c.
- In the meanwhile, mix your oats, rye, flaxseeds and spices. Blend in the oat milk and sweetener if using. Let your oats/rye soak for a while, then blend in the berries and transfer to an oven-safe bowl.
- Bake for around 20mins until you start to smell the spices.
- Top with fresh blackcurrants, crushed almonds and chia jam + enjoy!
- Prepare your chia jam the night before so you don’t have to spend time with that in the morning: simply mix the chia seeds with vanilla and water. Let the chia seeds absorb some water and then blend in the blackcurrants, crushing them with a fork.
- Place in the fridge overnight.