Anyhow, here comes my healthy, satisfying, comforting, rather traditional and very veggie-full pasta (salad) recipe:
Smoked paprika aubergine pasta
Serves 1 hungry person
What you will need:
a serving of your favourite pasta (I use around 80g of wholegrain spelt or rye)
1 small aubergine (eggplant)
1/2 small zucchini
1/2 can of pre-cooked butterbeans
1/2 small red onion
5 cherry tomatoes
5 Kalamata olives
a handful of fresh spinach
1/2tsp granulated garlic
1/2tsp smoked paprika
extra virgin olive oil for cooking & drizzling over the pasta
Himalayan salt to taste
Optional for serving: nutritional yeast, fresh basil or other herbs
How to do it:
- Pre-heat your oven to 225c. While heating, slice your aubergine lengthwise so you end up with two halves, then place them on parchment paper on a baking tray. Roast in the oven for around 20mins until the aubergine is lightly browned and soft.
- While your aubergine is roasting, cook your pasta “al dente” in boiling water, heat some olive oil on the pan, chop your red onion and then sautée it on the pan. Also chop your other vegetables and rinse your butterbeans.
- When your aubergine is ready, let it cool down a bit (don’t burn your hands) and then cube it, but do not remove the skin.
- Throw your zucchini, aubergine and pre-cooked butterbeans on the pan, then add garlic and smoked paprika and cook for a couple of minutes, leaving the thin zucchini slices quite raw.
- Add your cooked pasta, cherry tomatoes, spinach and olives on the pan, mix everything and transfer to a serving bowl immediately.
- Drizzle with some extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle with Himalayan salt and nutritional yeast if you wish. Fresh basil is a nice extra too! Enjoy!