P.S. This will be my third carrot cake recipe still without the actual cake. I might need to create a real cake next.
Carrot cake porridge
What you will need:
1/2dl oat flakes
1/2dl spelt flakes
2 small-ish carrots
2dl oat milk
1tbsp ground flaxseed
1/2tsp vanilla powder
pinch of Himalayan salt
1tsp Manuka honey (optional, see note)
Note: If you wish to have a sweeter breakfast, add 1tsp-1tbsp sweetener of choice to the porridge while cooking (I like to use a teaspoon of active Manuka honey, but regular honey, agave, coconut sugar, maple syrup etc. will do as well)
berries, your favourite nut/seed butter
How to do it?
- Start by grating your carrots to the finest possible so you will have them ready on hand.
- Then heat up 1dl water and 1dl oat milk in a casserole until almost boiling. Blend your sweetener in also if using some.
- In the meanwhile, mix your oat and spelt flakes, spices, maca and flaxseeds and then add them to the casserole. Stir.
- Reduce heat and cook for around 5 minutes until the porridge starts to become thick. Then add the grated carrot and 1dl oat milk, stir and cook for another 3-4 minutes until the carrot has melted. Add a pinch of Himalayan salt and stir once more.
- Remove the casserole from the heat, cover it and let it sit on the counter for a couple of minutes. You can for example prepare your coffee/tea while waiting.
- Serve with your choice of berries, nuts, seeds and/or nut butter. Enjoy!