Starting this first week of December, I’ll be hosting a little blueberryboost XMAS calendar, with a different gift every couple of days. I’ll run each giveaway for three days, during which you can participate by reposting my giveaway pic on Instagram together with the hashtag #blueberryboostXMAS and the specific giveaway hashtag(s) on Instagram. I’ll choose the winners randomly and contact the lucky ones by sending a direct message on Instagram. The gifts can be anything from my favourite ingredients for cooking to kitchen tools or natural skincare…I’m super excited of this possibility to share some of my favourite products with you guys, hope you are too. X
For the first XMAS calendar gift, I’m giving away a Philips Avance Juicer, that has been in some serious use for the past few weeks in my kitchen as I’m totally crazy about the seasonal citrus fruits that I’ve been blending into a green juice…This giveaway is also part of Philip’s “Täydellisiä Aamuja” = “Perfect Mornings” – campaign in the Finnish social media, a campaign that aims to bring a little more light + joy into the darkest time of the year here in Finland – we have less than hours of daylight at the moment (!). You’ll find my current favourite perfect morning (or anytime) recipes below.
KALE + citrus juice
makes 1 big or 2 small glasses
2 handfuls of kale
2 handfuls of spinach
- For the best juice, make sure your ingredients are organic (especially the lemon, as the peel is used also).
- Wash all the ingredients carefully, peel the satsumas, add into your juicer and just juice it all up. (I chop the satsumas and the lemon into chunks so they are easier to process.)
- TIP: Save the green parts of the juice pulp (only discard the white, tart citrus insides) and mix the pulp together with some salt, olive oil, avocado and apple cider vinegar into a yummy bread or soup topping!
Makes one small bread loaf
What you will need:
½dl chia seeds
1½ dl water
2½dl almond flour
1½dl quinoa flour
½dl ground flax seeds
1 large grated carrot
1tbsp psyllium husks
How to do it?
- Pre-heat the oven to 175c celsius.
- Mix together the chia seeds and water in a small bowl and set aside for 5-10 minutes, until you have a smooth gel.
- Mix together all the dry ingredients: almond flour, quinoa flour, flax seeds, psyllium, turmeric and salt.
- Peel and grate the carrot and add into the chia gel.
- Combine the chia gel and dry mixture and work it with your hands into a dough.
- Take a small loaf pan and spread the dough into it evenly. Smooth the top of the bread with a spoon and then bake in the oven for approximately 50-60 minutes, until nicely brown.
- Serve the bread with some avocado and yummy greens on top.